Subject: RE: fmpl.org

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 19:57:49 -0600

That's very generous Ram!

I'll do my best to stick with the original goals and intent for the site,
and have a designer make it modern and nice.

I'll submit a transfer request at my registrar.

Is there anything I can do for you in return?

Nathan Anderson

President and Founder, Metawebs LLC

http://www.MetaWebs.com

This communication is for its intended recipient only, and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law.  Further, this communication is not intended to create
a legal binding contract of any nature whatsoever and neither the sending
nor the receipt hereof, nor any comment contained herein, is intended to
have legal effect.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent thereof, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Any publishing or sharing of this email with out written
authorization is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify me immediately, delete it from your
system and destroy any hard copy you may have printed.  Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ram Samudrala [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: fmpl.org

[email-masked] wrote:

>Was looking at fmpl.org, and was saddened. I'd love to see this thing take
>off a little bit. Would you consider selling the site to my company so I
>could make the thing modern and cool? I would be happy to include any
>conditions that are important to you. like links to your other stuff,
>retaining the copyright on the license, etc.
>
>Is that something you'd consider?

? I'd be happy to hand it over to you and you can do with it as you
wish, i.e., anything that is in spirit with the original goals of what
we were trying to do. 

The original creator of the Free Music Public License has themselves
moved on to bigger and better things. I myself do not no consider
licenses to be so valuable (I just place everything I create in the
public domain).

--Ram

Ram Samudrala, Ph.D. 
Associate Professor, Computational Biology
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195, USA
V: 1-206-732-6122 
F: 1-206-732-6055
W: http://compbio.washington.edu

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 20:02:17 -0600

Okay, it says I have to get an "authorization key" from the current
registrar. I suppose that's on your side of the transfer...

Nathan Anderson

http://www.MetaWebs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ram Samudrala [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: fmpl.org

--Ram

Ram Samudrala, Ph.D.